First time Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman324

Reaction score
So i have been drinking Craft beer for a long time. Everyone of my friends and wife have told me i should brew my own beer . So i told my wife for the holidays i want a kit. I am waiting to see if my wife gets me a kit . I have some questions for who ever could help me . first which is the best kit to use? Second is it easey to do ? Third how long does it all take from start to finish . Finally i drink all types of craft beer. but dont drink light lagers . What does everyone suggest to start with

Welcome.

The NorthernBrewer.com deluxe starter kit is a good place to start.

I'd also recommend spending some time reading on the process. How to Brew by John Palmer is a popular book. I read and did about 3 months of homework before I ever started buying anything. By that point the first brew was fairly easy. Everybody is different and has their own process. This hobby is all about dialing your own in with the resources and level of effort you have available.

As far as what brew to start with, that's entirely up to you. The NB starter I mentioned comes with an ingredient kit, so maybe choose one of those. My first was a red ale.

Cheers

Back