First offroad trip 2010 - Plenty of pics...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
Well, I know we have some jeepers here and some got a kick out of some of my offroading posts last year, so figured I'd continue the trend. Headed out to Rausch Creek ORV this weekend, first time 2010 (got a frequent driver pass so expect more), and with some new mods on my JK 4-door including 3.5" lift, 35" BFG KM2s, rubicon axles with a locker front and rear and 5.13 gears installed. So, I stepped up to a little more difficult trails this time, without going tooo overboard. Definitely more challenges lie ahead, but want to skid a few more things (oil pan, control arm mounts) and get my front axle gusseted for strength. Mostly a good day - experienced 2 flats and one lost fender in our group (one of the flats was me at end of day). Anyway, a few pics:

Me in the rocks on trail 22...
DSC02417.JPG

me on snakebite:
me_on_22_4.jpg

me_snakebite_3.JPG

buddy pete on 22:
el_campede_trail_22.JPG

my buddy brad (tj) and I sitting on 22 (I think) waiting to proceed:
me_and_brad_22_v2.JPG

Another buddy finishing a small but fun hill climb:
Thrasher_comin_up_climb.JPG

My brother stuffing his metalcloak fenders full:
main.php

My brother almost flopping his YJ in the 11 ruts:
Simon_Near_Flop_on_11.JPG

jeepindad on pizza rock, had no problems:
jeepindad_on_pizza_rock.JPG

me on pizza rock, also no problems:
Me_and_the_Jeep_on_Pizza_Rock.JPG

This is better pic of pizza rock:
main.php

Some of the group on trail 23, waiting for some fj's to move on (no offense to the one we had in tow):
group_on_23.JPG

My buddy brad's nephew and the TJ posing. He rolled last time on some tough hill climbs but not this time!
main.php

Lunch:
main.php

Trail map - we ran everything in purple I believe (at least) - might have missed some stuff or messed some stuff up but covered a good amount of blues and blue/blacks plus some fun greens:
RC_FullMap_4_3_2010.jpg

ALL PICS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.pimptiva.com/index.php/gallery?g2_itemId=3198

And my carnage:

Me getting ready to come up out of "winch hill":
Me_getting_ready_to_climb_winch_hill.JPG

Me at the top of winch hill ("point of impact") - LOL - no winch needed obviously:
top_of_winch_hill_uhoh.JPG

The (somewhat) minor carnage:
Blowout_and_Bent.JPG

The rock that did the damage:
main.php

The tire was apparently repairable, to use at least as a spare, for $20. Never knew you could repair sidewall tear, but guess it wasn't that bad? I figured why not, for $20 and it will only be used as a spare. If I don't like the look of the repair job, I'll just get a new one, but hard to chew at $300 pop. Checking with a wheel shop on fixing the bent rim good enough for spare also, but if its over $30-40, I am just going to get a new wheel from quadratec for $140ish shipped. Should have went steel wheels...

Jeep looks good man. Sucks about the wheel and the tire but it is good that it will work as a spare. I still want a jeep but I just spent $600 on the upgraded fuel pump and new ecu tune. I am looking at picking up a used front mount for $450 and then I want to dyno the car. Hopefully I can make somewhere around 260 at the wheels.

Back