First Non Kit Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravo8Dex

Reaction score
I was thinking about recipes that I could make using the Mr. Beer LBK and I decided on this. I'm shooting for something along the lines of the now defunct Budweiser American Ale. That was my favorite beer when it was still sold, so I'd like to try to recreate it. It was an amber ale with a nice rich malty taste and a slightly burnt/ caramel note. I remember that it had cascade hops and a grapefruity / citrus and a little bit of an estery ale character. So in essence that is what I'm shooting for here. I'm still learning about more advanced brewing so I'm not sure when to add the hops for aroma.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• apa.jpg
    apa.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 54
You should dry hop the cascade, or do a very late boil addition, like 5 or 10 minutes if you want prominent cascade flavor. Anything 20 minutes or more will lose most of the hop flavor and will bitter the wort. Fermentations around 66F for safe ester production. I never had any Bud ale, sounds interesting! Definitely before my time.

Latest posts

Back