First Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey

Reaction score
I was able to sample a few varieties of Mead this weekend, courtesy of Brothers Drake Fine Meads, (206 Oak ST. Columbus, OHIO Check 'em out!). I am officially hooked. I do see now, why it is referred to as the "Drink of the Gods". It was shockingly fantastic.

I met these guys at the mead festival in Denver 2-3 years ago when they were still in the planning stage. Tried a couple of their meads. One of the brothers was more laid back and into the details and this, the other brother, supplied the enthusiasm. This, BTW, is what I refer to as "the mead grin".

100_0881.jpg

Yeah that would be Woody. I went to school with the other brother, Eric. Had a get together this weekend and he brought a sampling of thier product. It was amazing stuff.

I had read an article on the place but forgot the name! Now I can order some or make a day trip up there, thanks.

Back