first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschaf

Reaction score
I'm not good with designs, and new to inkscape. I also realize flying dog has an 'old scratch' but I don't care.

some ideas or advice would be cool.

You are going to have to upload the picture online. You can upload it on this site, and then post the URL here. Pictures linked to your computer folders will not show up online.

damn, i can't make it work. I created it in inkscape, and it must be the file type b/c it says 'invalid file' when i try to upload, but I can't save it as anything else compatable. I've searched threads about this but can't find answers.....I hate computers

I'm not familiar with inkscape, but can you Save As or Export as a JPEG or GIF? Try that and then you can upload it.

ahh yes, thank you. I think i have it figured out, the quality went down with .bmp, but it might work.....

bitmap.png

thanks, I tweaked it a bit and i'm done with it. unless azscoob wants to draw something in!

smokydevil.png

I think is really well done - the amount of creativity around here is really amazing.

On a semi-related tangent . . . I notice that many of us use devils, occult and other macabre graphics. I admit I don't get it - maybe its a Harley thing? Is it just an aesthetic judgment (looks cool), or is there a beer connection that I'm just not understanding? Or something else entirely . . . .

Again, I think your label looks great! :mug:

thanks pappers. Honestly, I wanted to do something with the sea and sailing on the label, but i came across a few devil graphics that i thought looked awesome, then thought of smoke b/c the beer is smoky, etc. I think wicked things on a beer label catch the eye. Some of us have a dark side.

I gotta agree on the evil look as being appealing, I have always been fascinated with Halloween and with the macabre, I spend all year building stuff for Oct. 31st!

now as for the logo, I like the text horizontal, with that font it gets hard to read when vertical, but the graphics are spot on! maybe greyscale the text color from black on top to a med grey at the bottom of the letters?

Back