First Kegging...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyVegas

Reaction score
First try at kegging here... I pyt my SNPA Clone in yesterday, and fell short on time and decided not to drill my mini-fridge up to chill the keg as it force carbs...

I have it currently Force Carb-ing at approx 77degree F on 34-35lbs of CO2.

Thoughts? How long you think?

I wish I planned better and could chill it... but I didn't want to chill my CO2 tank AND shiny new reg int he same mini-fridge... if that would even fit...

Biggest thing is to check often for the first 1-4 hours in the keg and on the pressure. Almost everyone has a horror story of having a keg slowly leak out and having 5g of fresh beer in the bottom of their keezer. Don't let it happen to you!

I think it takes 3 weeks for a beer on gas to properly carbonate and process the carbonic acid. Others disagree and say their beers are ready in a week.

a lot of people keep the tank/regulator in the kegerator, who cares how shiny it looks, if it gets you cold beer, i'd do it.

I kept an eye on it for the first few hours- no leaks and pressure held.

I wouldnt mind putting it in the fridge but it seems so compacted. Maybe I'll move it into there.. I'd have to readjust the pressure I'd think as well.

Latest posts

Back