First Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmay

Reaction score
Well Kegged my first batch last night went pretty well. I didn’t realize the out spigot was attached when I put the CO2 to it and squirted a bit of brew across the room (luckily I was in my new brew room and not in the kitchen) I forced carbonated it and now cooling in the garage. Can’t wait to try it.

Congratulations! I am still waiting for my lhbs to get my set up together for me so I am jealous. What type of bear did you christen your system with?

A trial batch and some spare yeast I had laying around so I am not expecting the best but still cant wait

i think if he carbonates as he chills, that would be faster than waiting for it to chill, then carbonate.

have fun though, kegging is exciting. haha.

Got the fridge today and placed keg in, well carbonated, taste isn't that great but it hasnt been sitting that long. I have an ale brewing now experiemted with some things cant wait Must drink faster t:tank: o make room hahah

Due to being very impatient, with this last brew, I kegged, carbed, and tasted.
It need to finish up (age)
So I pulled it out of the kegerator and let most of the pressure out, and let it age an extra 2 weeks.
Then put it back in hooked up and chilled. Much much better now.

I need to remember to let them age, since I don't bottle anymore..

Its so temping.

Back