First competition!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcory77

Reaction score
I am super pumped, I entered 2 of my beers in my first contest today!!!!!

I entered a Blonde Ale and an ESB. I can't wait to get some feedback on them.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!

Congrats on entering. At my first comp, I placed in a Porter which received a 1st place ribbon and a Cherry Wheat which received a 2nd place ribbon. I was super happy. I've only been brewing for about a year now. Good luck and I hope to see some good news.

Sorry....been way too busy. I had an ESB that got a 31 and a Blonde that got a 28.5. All in all I was pleased. Seems my major knock was that I was a little out of style. I knew that going in about the blonde. I added more hops than normal. I like it and I brewed it that way on purpose. I just entered it to get some feedback and it was ready. The ESB I plan to work on. It is a great tasting beer. I am going to toy with filtering. I got knocked that it was cloudy. I have since got a beer gun (shout out to SWMBO for an awesome b-day gift). I think it will help by not having the residue at the bottom. So that plus filtering ought to get me moving in the right direction as far as astetics. The beers taste good, so I will just tweek it from here and as always keep learning and trying new things.

Back