First brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerothery

Reaction score
Just started my first brew and went for a piece of home...

Having moved to Australia I decided to have a crack at brewing so I could make and create a beer that reminds me of home don't get me wrong the Aussie breweries have had a good go but I wanted a shot!!

I have just started fermenting a coopers English bitter concentrate... I added 1kg of extra malt and 250g of dextrose with a little hop tea made from 15g of pride of ring wood and 15g of nelson sauvin as my main extra bittering. I will be dry hopping with 30g of east kent goldings towards the end of fermentation expecting it to produce a 5% beer that reminds me of home. What do people think of the recipe??

Thanks mike

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Home Brew mobile app

Welcome aboard. I'm a newbie as well. What part of Australia? I had the opportunity to be deployed to both Katherine on the gold coast and Tindal Air Base up north. Have always considered the move there, wonderful country. Cheers.

I'm around Byron with my wife and step kids it is a great part of the world ... was just working in a bar that was connected to the local brewery but just been made redundant as I was starting to get tips for my brewing lol looking forward to drowning the sorrows lucky I have a good supply of Belgian style beer to get me through the job hunt. So you never came out?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Home Brew mobile app

Still in the Corps for a few more years. But after that, who knows. Really wouldn't mind fishing for barramundi and knocking back Toohey's New the rest of my life:)

Sent from my iPhone using The tears of Viking fans.

Back