First Brew this last Saturday 4/28 - with pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FTG-05

Reaction score
Did my first brew today using a NB starter kit, 10 gallon kettle with ½” ball valve port and Brewometer, homemade IC and pre-chiller. I used the NB Cream Ale extract kit due its reputation as a great “summertime” pale ale. From start to finish, it took just about 4 hours.

Here are some pics:

Brewing setup with burner with 10 gallon kettle, immersion cooler (50’ x 3/8” copper line) and pre-chiller just barely visible in the 5 gallon bucket to the right.

IMG_1590Medium.jpg

Table setup: recipe/directions on the clipboard, sanitzer and water sprayers, fermenter bucket on the left, sanitizer bucket on the right
IMG_1589Medium.jpg

Pic of my pre-chiller (Hayden 457 oil cooler):
IMG_1594Medium.jpg

I have the fermenter in a very stable environment at about 65-66 degrees and about 24 hours later, I'm getting a steady stream of bubbles from the air lock. Now, I have to wait 4 weeks to taste the results!

Thanks,

Sweet looking setup.

Waiting is the hardest part, but patience definitely pays off. My recommendation, after 1 week in bottles chill one for a day or two, taste it and repeat at 1 week intervals.

Welcome to the obsession, uh, I mean, hobby!

Cheers!!

Love it! I guarantee you will start another batch before you even taste this one. You're screwed LOL! Welcome to the club!

Back