First brew in ages!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoshin

Shoshin Picobrewery
Reaction score
I just wanted to share that I’m brewing for the first time in ages, and with some technological upgrades :) running two pumps at once with fly sparging, gonna use a new plate chiller, and ferment in a fairly new 15g conical plastic fermenter in which I’ve installed a SS coil through which I will be pumping food grade glycol chilled by a repurposed air conditioner and controlled by an STC-1000. I’m winning at DIY homebrewtalk projects right now!!

IMG_1520179148.505764.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg
IMG_1520178983.566396.jpg

Brewing a 10g batch of IPA. Was originally thinking NEIPA but I don’t have quite the hop compliment so I’m making ... well whatever IPA this turns out to be. 16# 2row, 4# German wheat, 2# melanoidin, 2oz CTZ as FWH, 1oz cascade @ 10min, 1oz Cascade at flameout, and 1oz Mosaic and 1oz Simcoe 3 days into fermentation. Using SafAle 05.

Any thoughts on the hop schedule? Not sure I’m using the right yeast for bioconversion during fermentation, and I want to maximize flavor from simcoe and mosaic.

Edits: spelling

Last edited:
Due to a major home reno I was totally brew-blocked from September 'til last weekend.
I was jonesing bigly ;)
Making up for it I did another batch today, and I may be able to finesse a third next weekend :rock:

Cheers!

Very nice!!!! I can't crank them out like that right now due to a few reasons, but I've compensated by setting my brew calendar for the next few months. Next brew is a barleywine in 2 weeks (the current brew is basically a huge starter, and I'm pitching the barleywine onto this developing yeast cake), a month from then will see an imperial stout on the same cake, and when that ferments out, I'll switch gears to a spring beer (maybe witbier?)

Latest posts

Back