First Brew Day since my son was born 8.5 months ago. Perfect day, great view, great t

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlHungus76

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405962962.053195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Oustanding view!

Get a pipeline going because once they start walking it become difficult to find the time. My daughter is almost 18 months and my brew days are limited to very early in the morning or later at night after my she goes to bed.

Plus they want to play with everything.

Man, my kid turned 8.5 recently too (born nov 3rd)... brew days are a bit more hectic and i actually downgraded my equipment back to simple stuff and made it way easier.

Congrats on the kid, the new brew and the view!! What'd you end up brewing??

My first son is due any day now. Hope its not 8 months before I can brew again :(

Just depends, i was brewing about a month and a half after he was born, but brew days did not come super often.
Before he was born i was brewing probaly once every week or two. now it's usually about once a month or more... brewing time is hard to come by lol, but i usually get everything setup the night before and start as early as i can so i'm done by lunch or a bit after if i can.

If I could do once a month I'd be happy. I'll just dump him with his grand parents for the day. :)

Right now I'm worried about the 3 brews in the FVs and when I can bottle. Baby was due last week so I could have to run to the hospital literally any minute now.

Have a 2 year old. Started brewing just before he was born. You'll find the time to brew. It's actually easier when they're infants. Not much to do but eat and sleep. Now there's constant watching, and making sure he doesn't hurt himself, but I just ask SWMBO if it's ok to brew, and all is good to go. Plenty of downtime while brewing anyway to help out and get other things done. Kids don't have to end your love for brewing!

My wife and I had a daughter on June 20th (just over a month ago). My wife and I brewed when she was only 3 weeks old. I had to take a break for a while because I didn't want my wife going into labor during a brew day. First one back felt great! My view wasn't as nice, but I did have a pretty uneventful brew day and over shot my OG a little bit, even, which never happens!

My first son is due any day now. Hope its not 8 months before I can brew again :(

I also have a very strange work schedule. I'm an airline pilot who is gone a lot, plus my wife works a full time corporate gig, so I think that compounded the difficulty of finding time to brew.
Hopefully your hiatus is much shorter. And given the workload of the little guy (totally worth it), 8 months goes by in a blur.
Long days, short months/years, but it's an absolute blast. Enjoy!

I hope you had some hotties on that patio down there to amuse yourself while waiting on the boil?!

Sadly no hotties on that day. After 8 months the propane and boiling wort was pretty sexy I must admit.

Man, my kid turned 8.5 recently too (born nov 3rd)... brew days are a bit more hectic and i actually downgraded my equipment back to simple stuff and made it way easier.

Congrats on the kid, the new brew and the view!! What'd you end up brewing??

Just depends, i was brewing about a month and a half after he was born, but brew days did not come super often.
Before he was born i was brewing probaly once every week or two. now it's usually about once a month or more... brewing time is hard to come by lol, but i usually get everything setup the night before and start as early as i can so i'm done by lunch or a bit after if i can.

November 7th for my son. I did an IPA that was based on Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale which I have made before and love, slightly larger grain bill, slightly more hops,
Particularly near flame out. Smells great.

Latest posts

Back