First brew day complete!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackb128

Reaction score
First brew day is complete! First batch was an American Wheat Ale, hopefully it turns out ok.

I'm a little worried because everything I've read said that the wort should be boiled violently, mine wasn't doing that. I put the lid on from time to time to give it a little more action, but for the most part it was a tame boil. Is that going to effect the outcome? I'll attach a pic of what the boil process mostly looked like.

I'm really excited to get my brewing underway! I've been wanting to start up for some time. Many of the posts on here were extremely helpful so thank you for all the input

First brew day is complete! First batch was an American Wheat Ale, hopefully it turns out ok.

I'm a little worried because everything I've read said that the wort should be boiled violently, mine wasn't doing that. I put the lid on from time to time to give it a little more action, but for the most part it was a tame boil. Is that going to effect the outcome? I'll attach a pic of what the boil process mostly looked like.

I'm really excited to get my brewing underway! I've been wanting to start up for some time. Many of the posts on here were extremely helpful so thank you for all the input

a nice rolling boil is all that's needed, not much more than that really, you don't want a violent boil.

A tame boil is okay. Best to leave the lid off, though, to prevent DMS buildup resulting in off-flavours.

Latest posts

Back