First Brew a Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugleboy93

Reaction score
At the beginning of May I began my journey to what I hope will be many years of study and pleasure brewing my own beer. I have studied threads on this forum intently and read all of Palmer's book (twice) before I began. My first foray was a "Port-O-Palmer" Porter, all extract. I have to say that following instructions pays off because, even though I bottled the beer last Tuesday I was dying to see how it turned out so I had one last night. When I popped the cap and that "pshhhht" sound came, followed by the wispy fog from a carbonated bottle I was in heaven. The head was thick and firm and the taste . . . Oh my! I was astounded at how good it was. I was imagining all sorts of evil results and when my SWMBO took a swig and pronounced it "Mighty fine" I realized I am hooked for life! I'll leave it alone for another week and try another, and then a final conditioning week and we're all set to impress my friends and family.
I am brewing an IPA today. Thanks to all who contribute to this site; your advice has been invaluable!

I'll add a picture of the next bottle I open.

Congratulations on your new obsession. You may not realize it yet, but you are already obsessed with brewing. It happened to all of us.

Congratulations and welcome to the club. :mug: I'm a new fanatic and conditioning my first IPA currently. It's amazing how good beer tastes when it's a product of your own hard work. Again, cheers and good on you!!!:rockin:

Congratulations!
Make sure you stash some of your first brews away and taste them in 6 months or so!

Latest posts

Back