First Batch, just went to racking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vp7799

Reaction score
Hey all,

For Christmas my wife gave me a Mr. Beer Kit. So I decided to take a look at home brewing. First off I am glad I did some reading before starting. The bad news is I did not have any UME and I used the standard yeast. The good news is I boiled all the water before started and I did prepare the yeast before I pitched it. I just added the priming sugar, which I boiled in a bit a water before adding. I am waiting for everything to settle before I bottle. I did take a small taste and it tasted just like flat beer. I am so happy. I am sure I will stick with home brewing, just will upgrade to a 5 gallon kit. I will likely use the Mr Beer keg to start making cider as well.

Thanks to everyone who posted. I did a lot of reading on this site over the past couple weeks.

Ty

Congrats and welcome to HBT! Whats Ume? LME or DME makes sense. Probably LME in a Mr. beer kit:D Cheers;)

Yea I meant the LME. THe Mr Beer makes a unhopped malt extract, that adds more flavor to the one can of LME that comes with the kit. Once again thanks to everyone that posted. I read through a lot of posts and it helped me out.

Back