First batch is in the keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyQuid

Reaction score
I kegged my first batch of beer earlier today. For the first one I went with a light Amber Ale extract kit. I tasted it as I was kegging and I was very impressed with how good it tasted. For my first batch I was sure I would screw it up somehow.
So right now I'm brewing up batch number 2. For my second batch I decided to try a Shocktop clone kit that I found. I really like Shocktop so I was pretty excited about this find. Hope they both turn out well.
1269fa3d.jpg

Since I don't have any home brew ready to drink yet I decided to go with one of my favorites, Fat Tire!
Cheers!:mug:

Congrats, hope your beers turn out awesome. Good call on going to kegging right away, defiantly an early investment you won't regret. Faster turn around and ALOT less hassle(but you probably already know that!). Enjoy and RDWHAHB!

Thanks guys. Yeah, that stove rules! One of the burners is like on steroids so it gets to a boil pretty quick. I do have a propane burner for if I ever buy a bigger kettle and start doing full boils, but for now it does the trick.
I'm pretty excited about my keg set up too. I bought a dual keg system from Midwest and set it up in my old fridge. My goal is to build a Keezer one of these days that will hold 5 cornies. 4 on tap and one on deck. But for now the fridge will have to do.
Cheers!

Yeah, that front right burner your kettles on? That things a beast! I can get five gal rolling quite fast. And it holds the boil when set to 2, I love it.
Cool plan for the kegerator. I recently started kegging and can't wait to have enough kegs to eliminate bottles altogether.

I just started brewing just as you, and like you I have went directly to kegging, skipping the bottling all together. After all, I have a kegerator so why not use it? I do know kegging and force carbonating it the first time can be frustrating and appears to be complex, but now that I have done it and get the system down for my setup, I feel much better about doing it the next time. I am already planning on adding an additional corny keg.

Back