First batch is a success!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganu

Reaction score
Ok, my beer has only been racked for 5 days now, but I just couldn't wait to try it. It's a wheat ale that fermented in the primary for 9 days (lhbs suggested 7-14 days). Nothing fancy; just a general beginner's recipe. I chill a bottle in the fridge for 3 hours, pop the top and pour it into a glass... MAN, certainly better than I was expecting.

After a couple of sips I offer the glass to the missus. She is pleasantly surprised as well. Point for me!!

I then crack open an Erdinger that I'd brought back from Germany and poured THAT into a glass as well. She tries it , assuming that it's another bottle of my brew. "I really like the color of this second beer, but I like the flavor of the first one better."

That would be 2 points for me. :rockin:

I'm real eager to see what I have after 3 or 4 weeks.

I'll likely start another batch before then too.

Congrats!
I'm fairly new to this obsession myself.
Waiting is definitely the hardest part, but it makes a huge difference.
My wife and I started drinking our first batch, after 10 days in the bottle, and it was all gone about 10 days later. We thought it was pretty good.
Now, 6 batches later, we have a small pipeline going, which makes the waiting much easier.
May be brewing my last extract batch today. I finally got all my parts and pieces to do AG. Looking forward to learning much more with that!
:mug:

Back