First batch in the fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bprush

Reaction score
My first batch of Hefeweizen was put in the fridge for a 48 hour cool down:ban:. The experience of making my first beer has been amazing. It has tasted good throughout the hydrometer samples. I opened one about ten days after bottling and it had a large head and carbing seemed to be going well. Sunday will be the unveil and i cant wait. In an ironic twist, it is going to be ready to drink after i get home from a 12 hour shift for my store's inventory. Should make it taste even sweeter. I'll be calling it Quebec Run Spring Hefeweizen after a local stream.

Congrats indeed.
I am a week in to the carbing of my first brew. Will hit the fridge next weekend.
I already have 3 other things fermenting, this is addictive to say the least.

congrats.

The waiting for the first brew to finishnis torture. I just am doing my 10th batch and the torture is lesss, but I usually still have a hard time waiting to taste mt brews.

But younwill be rewarded with good brew if you do wait.:mug:

Fermented in primary for ten days. 17 in bottles and two more in the fridge by tommorow night. It was good when I opened on day 8 in the bottle but I felt like it needed more taste. The banana flavor was there I just expected it to be stronger. I'm hoping I get some more slavor tommorow night. Any thoughts?

It came out pretty tasty and everyone who tried it including SWMBO thought it was great. Friends were comparing it to hoegarden and Penn Weizen. I am pleased to hear this on a first time brew!

Congrats on the first brew! My first is sitting in a dark warm place in bottles for anotehr week and then into the fridge. Plus have two other batches fermenting :) this hobby is worse than crack...so i've heard.

Back