First batch and addicted!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidman

Reaction score
Hey all. I brewed my first batch recently. Went off without a hitch. Flavor was sub-par but the experience has me coming back for more. I have done extensive research in the field of homebrewing. For now I am using extract with grains but someday I would like to get into all-grain since I hear that's were the real flavor is at.

I have a passion for handcrafted brews, my favorite being DFH!!

So far I have learned a lot from this site. Glad I found this place. I can only get better with time, right..?

Cheers!

Congratulations with the first brew. You will likley become more proficient as you gain experience and the beers improve as well.

give it time, my first batch was ok at first, but after conditionong in the bottle for a month it really developed and is much more enjoyable now.

Congrats. I agree on trying a partial mash. It's a good way to improve the quality of the beer without laying out the cash for all grain equipment. Plus, like others have said, your beer will get better as it ages. It only gets more fun from here.....

Being a new brewer myself I know how you feel. I suggest you do like me and do a few extract brews and then you first AG. I recommend using the batch sparge techinique, this site will tell it all and helped me do my first 2 AG batches
http://hbd.org/cascade/dennybrew/
Hope this helps

Back