first attempt been a month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fipilix

Reaction score
this is my first attempt at a mead. 5 gallon batch with 15 pounds of honey. it has been fermenting for a month give or take a day. i figured by now it would be done and dry so i could filter the yeast then back-sweeten. no longer see any activity (no bubbles). i tested the batch and it is WOW sweet still. that means the sugar is still there right and the fermenting isnt done? or could the alc% be to high for the yeast to continue? i know i am a little jumbled on this post but any help would be great! :)

I did a similar batch a while back that was in primary for 5 weeks until it was finished. It was sweeter than I expected as well.

A hydrometer reading would be helpful as well.

What yeast did you use??? and what ferment temperature??? and, yeah, hydro readings would be helpful....could be that the yeast you used ran out of gas, could be stalled, who knows....give up some more details :)

Latest posts

Back