First All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bewacha

Reaction score
Well I finally took the plunge and upgraded all equipment in preparation for my first all grain batch. Being from Winnipeg, Canada, its very tough to get equipment at a reasonable price, but after a quick 9hr drive to Minneapolis I'm stocked up.
From Home Depot I bought 2 10 gal Rubbermaid coolers. From Midwest Supply I bought enough ingredients for 5 all grain recipes and some random hardware. From Northern Brewer I bought a false bottom and 2 cooler valve kits and a corny keg. I also bought a thermometer, sight glass and valve kit from Bargianfittings.com, that a friend from Mississippi brought up to me. I must say that the service at both Midwest Supply and Northern Brewer was top notch, I will definitely make the trek again soon. Ordering from barginafittings.com was very smooth, thanks to Wayne for all the help.
For my first all grain batch I am going to attempt a light lager, I know brewing a beer like this might be more difficult as any flaws will be noticeable, but if I know whats wrong, I know what to fix. I will be using Northern Brewers recipe for the "American Lager" but I think I will change the hop additions a bit, let me know what you think!!

5.25 lbs Pale 2 Row
2 lbs Brown Rice Syrup

.25 oz Saaz @ 60min
.25 oz Saaz @ 45min
.25 oz Saaz @ 30min
.25 oz Saaz @ 15min

1 Package of Wyeast 2007

why are you doing a Lager first you don't want to drink your beer for a few months, why not try the creme of 3 crops it is an excelent first AG brew and you will be enjoying it in 3 weeks in a keg or 4 weeks in a bottle

Back