First all grain went well

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wing Nut

Reaction score
Well today was my first all grain brew! I made a double chocolate porter from paddock wood. The grains came all pre crushed so I wasn’t too worried about the crush. The rest went very well. I hit all my temps exactly, well the mash out was .3 degrees high but it shouldn’t effect stuff too bad. I had a little problem with the instructions and needed to add an additional 3 gal to the runoff. Then when I finished the boil there was just over 3 gal of wort after. So I topped it off and found my specific gravity was 1.048, exactly what the recipe called for and gave me roughly 75% efficiency. Not bad for my first all grain brew! Very excited over all, now if only my grain mill would arrive.

Cheers,
Wing nut

Oh yeah, forgot to mention while the beer was boiling I finished putting my kegerator. I pulled my first beer tonight! It is so nice to have it cold and on tap like that!

You will have to excuse me I am off to get druck!

Wing nut

Back