First all grain batch today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy86

Still thirsty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello HBT! So after two years of patiently waiting and building up my brewery I finally brewed my first all grain batch today! The recipe was found here on HBT!

I had a few problems along the way but nothing major that I'm beating myself up for!

I doughed in at mashed at 152 for 60 mins lost zero heat with my cooler :rockin: vorlaf till it ran clear about 2.5 gallons during the vorlaf drained the tun then batch sparged with 170 degree water for 10 mins. Vorlaf again ran clear drained the tun. Missed my preboil Gravity by 1 point 10.52

Put on the stove top to boil got going after about 20-30 minutes hit my hop and adjunct additions all on time and then cooled it down to 75 degrees with my immersion chiller. Took about 20 minutes it was AWESOME!

Transferred to the carboy took temp reading topped up to five gallons because this was the first time and didn't key in my system yet pitched the yeast and put it into my new cool brew bag (thanks cease!) with some frozen water bottles. Checked on it saw the temp was down to the low 60's pulled the water bottles.

Popped open a very nice King Titus Porter from Maine Brewing Co. That I got for Hannukah to celebrate and now the waiting begins!

Wanted to thank everyone here for providing me with the best information on the net for brewing and making my brew day a breeze!

Now just gotta convince the wife to let me brew again soon...she got me two kegs for Hannukah that means I can brew more right???

Of course you can brew again soon. SWMBO got you the kegs. You don't want her to think you didn't love her gift! :ban:

Oh, and congrats on your first AG! The intimidation factor should be gone now.

Brew on :mug:

Back