First AG, wanting a Basic pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibrewzza

Reaction score
HEy all,as the title suggests I'm looking to do my first AG. Since I go to Kent State in Ohio I'm thinking of doing a basic pale ale using only east kent golding hops. I'd like around 6-7 abv I think.

Any suggestions for what malt to use? My experience is 6 brews from extract to partial mash. I just can't decide on the malt because I've pretty much kept it to light amber dme and caramel 60 in my brews. Any advice is helpful!! Thanks

There are a ton of tried and true pale ale recipes in the recipe section. Poke around in there a bit and I am sure you will find one you like.
fyi, east kent goldings are english hops. Don't think they have anything to do with kent state.

Yeah I know that they have nothing to do with the school, just thought it was kind of fitting lol.

What hop additions d??

1 oz cascade as 60, 10, 5, 1 and a 2 oz dry hop. Guess you could use any hops that you prefer. This is a pretty crisp, citrusy pale ale with great aroma. Though for people who do not like hoppy beers, you would want to dial it down a wee bit.

Latest posts

Back