First AG-- I forgot to sparge! Boooo...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, a newbie poster was messing with you. It just wasn't intentional! Nothing like a rabble rouser to stir the pot (another intentionally bad pun. I'm full of em) and get the pros provoked and talking. Actually, I was grinning like a fool while reading all the replies. And it did nothing but increase my knowledge and terminology and make my next batch of beer all that much better-- so in that regard, thanks!

I thought OP was a reference to Opie as well. Seemed to fit the situation.

Scott

EdWort said:
I'm glad we got all that straightened out. I learned a lot my self. At first I thought some new poster was messing with us, then someone called him an OP, so I was thinking newbie like Opie (from the Andy Griffith Show, youngsters here have no idea WTF I'm talking about here :) It's a 5 year old Ronnie Howard.)

Then Scocam steps up and buys a lifetime membership in spite of EACs jumping in.

Waydago & welcome to HBT! Trial by fire :D

Was 165F the temp you mashed your grains at or the temp you mashed-in at? As far as sparging goes, quite a few people do no-sparge mashes. They take their first runnings and whatever they get from that is what they go with. It's simple but inefficient. It'll still make a damned fine beer though.

BTW, welcome to the site.

eddie said:
Was 165F the temp you mashed your grains at or the temp you mashed-in at? As far as sparging goes, quite a few people do no-sparge mashes. They take their first runnings and whatever they get from that is what they go with. It's simple but inefficient. It'll still make a damned fine beer though.

BTW, welcome to the site.

Yes and some even use the sparge to make another but lighter beer.

Back