First 5 gallon brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just follow instructions and enjoy. The instructions that come with these kits are pretty thorough. They only thing about them is they tend to rush things. Leave it in Primary for longer then they recommend. Good luck!

Just follow instructions and enjoy. The instructions that come with these kits are pretty thorough. They only thing about them is they tend to rush things. Leave it in Primary for longer then they recommend. Good luck!

good advice here. also just make sure everything is clean and sanitized. you shouldn't need a starter since the gravity is 1.050. relax and enjoy

I like to use a starter every time to ensure the yeast is healthy and that I get superior fermentation.

I like to use a starter every time to ensure the yeast is healthy and that I get superior fermentation.

I used to as well. the owner of my lhbs swears that liquid yeast will do fine without a starter with beer under 1.070. I quit using starters with anything under 1.060 and haven't noticed a difference

Latest posts

Back