First 3 vessel all grain. Follow along with me today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lhbs packages them for me. They keep them refrigerated and sealed with nitrogen. Always smell and taste great.

Preparing for the whirlpool. Gonna use the hot wort to help sanitize the pump.

20151117_163841.jpg

Whirlpooling now for 10 minutes. Looking good. Did I mention how much I like quick disconnects?

Whirlpooling done. Refractometer reads. 1.057 3 points over. I ain't mad though. Waiting 10 minutes for whirlpool to stop. Preparing therminator.

20151117_170439.jpg

Yeah. They are really nice kettles. I will recommend them to anybody! They look great, performance is awesome, and the new weldless fittings are super nice. I bought it for 15% off from Midwest.

Weldless....-1 for that. What about the bottoms? Triclad or single wall?

Tri-clad. You should really check out the new fittings. They really are nice.

Tri-clad. You should really check out the new fittings. They really are nice.

I'm sure they are but I just hate taking stuff apart only to clean and reassemble. All good though man....they look grand indeed. Didn't know Ed made kettles.

Thanks for sharing brewday BTW. Next time lets get a live cam going....lol

Dinner time. Because of my noob-ness to 3 vessel brewing, I have a feeling that I will be able to cut down an 8 hour day hopefully by 1.5 to 2 hrs . If you have any suggestions, I am open to listen.

I will be posting my thoughts on extract, biab, and 3 vessel brewing as well as t he pros and cons of the new gear I just bought. Stay tuned.

No I didn't preheat anything, but will next time. Also I noticed that the temp probe was barely covered in the mash. This I think could lead to inaccurate temp readings.

I am heating for boiling now. Burner gets me about a degree a minute. A little slow compared to my edalmetall burner. It's lunchtime anyway.

I'm always forgetting to eat when I brew. I'm lad my wife hangs around to remind me.

Latest posts

Back