Finishing my first boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloppyjoe

Reaction score
8 minutes left till my first homebrew is done boiling... I hope it turns out good... I've had no troubles so far that I know of.. it boiled up big and foamy a few times but didn't boil over... Smells great... almost has a piney scent or something..

anyway.. thanks to all you good folks on here for the helpful information.. :mug:

Congatulations on the new arrival. Unfortunately there is a lot of patience to gain in the coming weeks. What type of beer did you brew?

I brewed Northern Brewer's Honey Brown Ale...

I've already started worrying that I screwed something up... I had 3.5 gallons of filtered water to add to my wort, I hadn't anticipated losing as much as I did during the boil but I ended up needing another .5 gallon so I used water from my brita pitcher (The tap water tastes horribly of chlorine)... I didn't think about it at the time but the britta pitcher hadn't been sanitized... Hope I don't get some sort of funk in it..

You'll be alright. But you WILL worry. :D It's part of being a noob. I still do. ;) RDWHAHB!!!!!

Back