Finished my brewery finally after 3 years!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77punx

Reaction score
Finally finished my brewery (besides the automation)! Check it out!

IMG_20140823_000027.jpg

IMG_20140824_122126.jpg

I dunno, to me brewing rigs are like model railroads: if one deems it "finished", it's time to build a new one ;)

That rig looks sweet. It could be hard to top...

Cheers!

I dunno, to me brewing rigs are like model railroads: if one deems it "finished", it's time to build a new one ;)

Cheers!

What side do you have now? Maybe you should skip 20 and just go to 30... ;) I love my 30 gallon kettles. I am very happy that I skipped the 20 gallon ones. I almost went smaller.

What side do you have now? Maybe you should skip 20 and just go to 30... ;) I love my 30 gallon kettles. I am very happy that I skipped the 20 gallon ones. I almost went smaller.

No no, 20g kettles will be plenty, thanks ;)

The two forces working are "10 gallon batches = fewer brew days" versus "5 gallon variety" so my plan is to do 10 gallon batches of my high volume brews, then work the split-boil/different hop schedule thing using my smaller kettles to provide a bit more variety in the pipeline. Once the sparge is done I can yank the HLT off the rig, transfer from the 20g kettle to a pair of 10s, and commence boiling/hopping/etc...

I was going to ask the kettle manufacturer but finally recognized the etched logo. I don't think those are twenties but I could be wrong. In any case they look great...

Cheers!

Thanks everyone! You are all correct, it really isnt complete. I want to do a tri clover sparge arm, finish automating it, sight glass, maybe plumb all the liquid with stainless also. Couple glycol jacketed 15 gal fermenters. To answer some questions, Very easy to clean. Yes Bayou classic kettles with tig welded tri clover. Its taken me about 3 or 4 years to get to this point. Im going to nursing school right now so i don't have a lot of time or money. I work and have 2 kids as well. I have a very patient old lady.

You have a very beautiful rig!! It gives me hope that someday I too will be able to have my ideal setup. I noticed in your two pictures that the pump head orientation is different. Were you having trouble priming the pump or having cavitation issues with the inlet coming in from the top or was it a personal preference?

Back