Finally got my hands on some Ghostfish

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mergs

Reaction score
I found that a local beer shop here in Spokane is now carrying Ghostfish Brewing's Peak Buster DIPA! They also carry Ground Breaker (fka Harvester) from Portland and Glutenberg.

Since I've crafted many of my early recipes from Jason's Grapefruit IPA at Ghostfish (Igliashon here on HBT) I was super excited to try this.

Upon opening the bottle I got a distinct familiar Grapefruit IPA waft to the nose and eagerly poured into a wine glass. Took a big sniff and then took a mouthful. Boy, what a delicious beer. It reminded me a lot of my last batch of homebrew but of course with far fewer flaws haha. Great citrus nose and taste and a pleasant malty backbone that I think would fool any barley only drinker. The mouth feel was very good too, but I did notice one thing that I see often: the head diminishes quickly within a minute or two. This is no deal killer at all but just a re-affirmation that it's really challenging to brew gluten free beer and nail everything. Buckwheat has improved my beers and I am sure Jason is using it too but I have the same problem in my batches.

I will purchase again and would recommend this to celiacs as a great alternative to barley beers. A really delicious DIPA! Looking forward to trying other styles from GF.

20161109_182820[1].jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this!

I'm in Texas and hadn't heard of Ghostfish until you posted this. Unfortunately it's illegal to ship direct to consumer in TX, so I just emailed my local grocery store to see if it's legal for them to get their hands on some. Fingers crossed!

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this!

I'm in Texas and hadn't heard of Ghostfish until you posted this. Unfortunately it's illegal to ship direct to consumer in TX, so I just emailed my local grocery store to see if it's legal for them to get their hands on some. Fingers crossed!

I think you need a beer trading buddy in the PNW! :)

I've been able to get people to ship to me here in Dallas. It's hit or miss... some company's don't care about the rules, thank god. I haven't tried them yet but I think http://www.beership.com/ is willing to ship to Texas. They don't have Ghost Fish as of yet but they do have Ground Breaker which also makes wonderful GF beer. I'm hoping they pick up Ghost Fish soon.

Ghost fish Kai Dog Red is really good too. I've had most of their beers when I went to their facility . The Russian Imperial Stout (1st Anniversary) is stellar. But expensive at $29. Love their beer though.

Back