Finally getting a temp controller!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Been a long time waiting and have put it off long enough but I'm excited to be able to control my fermentations better. I still only have my kegerator for now, so it will be serving double duty as a fermentation chamber and then kegerator until I have enough space for a small fridge.

Oh and it's the Johnson A419, I wanted the black box but they are out of stock and I don't have the tools to build the kit

I got the a419 a year ago any it's awesome. Super simple, and reliable as can be.

Congrats on getting probably the most important investment in your brewery. You will notice amazing improvements. Pitch low and let your fermentations rise naturally a few degrees for the bulk of it. Then raise a few more to finish strong.

I also recommend you get some sort of heating element. A $15 heating pad (the kind for injuries) is what I started with and am still using it four years later. Perfect for raising those last couple degrees to let the beer cleanup

Congrats on getting probably the most important investment in your brewery. You will notice amazing improvements. Pitch low and let your fermentations rise naturally a few degrees for the bulk of it. Then raise a few more to finish strong.

I also recommend you get some sort of heating element. A $15 heating pad (the kind for injuries) is what I started with and am still using it four years later. Perfect for raising those last couple degrees to let the beer cleanup

Thanks, it came in today and now just have it regulating my kegerator temp at 42F. Can't wait to brew up a batch and possibly a good lager soon. Being I'm in Texas I don't think I'll have any problems warming it up a few degrees.

Back