Finally decided on labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynock

Reaction score
Many different designs later, I decided on one that I think works

porter_starburst.jpg

ipa_starburst.jpg

coconutstout_startburst.jpg

honeyale_starburst.jpg

Since I live in sweden the name of my brewery is in swedish.
It loosly translates into "Short Valley independent bucket brewery"

Any comments?

now is this just for your own beers? when giving any away to someone who will be pouring their own you may want to add something on proper pouring. other then that i like it

It's just for my own (and perhaps some to give away). I'll be sure to tell people. Thanks for the heads up...

Wow, a 8.4% porter and a 8.2% everything else. You sure those aren't just carried over from the previous templates?

Wow, a 8.4% porter and a 8.2% everything else. You sure those aren't just carried over from the previous templates?

Hehe, the porter is really at 8.4%, the other ABVs are just mock-ups.

The IPA is in the secondary fermenter, but should end up at about 5.1%

it was just a thought mynock you dont want them to be pourin yeast in and you gettin a bad rep just for their mistake. i gotta agree with davidsteel it seems odd that a honey ale a stout and a ipa all ended up with the same abv

Demon he said they are just mock-ups for now.

Mynock they look good either my eyes are bad of the brewery name is a little hard to read try bolding it i think. But other than that they are realy nice and clean labels. What program did you use to make them.

Cheers
Ren & Julia

Mynock they look good either my eyes are bad of the brewery name is a little hard to read try bolding it i think. But other than that they are realy nice and clean labels. What program did you use to make them.

They are made using Photoshop (7.0).

Yeah the name of the brewery is a little hard to read.

I changed the font and now it's a little bit more readable

porter_starburst_hawaii.jpg

Can you describe your printing process? Did you give the files to a printer and have the labels printed or did you do it yourself? If you did it yourself, where did you get your label paper?

Can you describe your printing process? Did you give the files to a printer and have the labels printed or did you do it yourself? If you did it yourself, where did you get your label paper?

The label was done in Photoshop at 300 dpi (7 cm by 9,5 cm)

Exported to JPEG and then imported to Word for printing

I printed it at work using a color laserprinter and normal office paper.

4 labels/sheet of paper, used scissors and then a glue stick (?) to stick them to the bottles

I like the 2nd font for the brewery name. Much better and easier to read. I REALLY like the addition of the colored caps. That really sets the whole look off IMO. I also dig how you have it set up so your labels are all similar yet different and can make new ones really quickly. I have the same thing going on. I might have to pick up some colored caps.

The effect really pops on the round bottle with the starburst and the drop shadow behind the beer name.

I like on the coconut stout the way the palm tree fills the blanks a little bit, it might be worthwhile to try adding in some 1 color art like that to some of the other designs.

Great labels! The design is very clean with a bit of edge.

The colors work perfectly.

Back