Finally building my serve & ferment chamber (pics to come)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balvey

Reaction score
I've been using an old fridge I rigged up with two taps as my kegerator for some time now and after lagerring a few batches in my cold garage this winter I finally decided to setup something for good temp control on my fermentations. I've been putting it off because I wanted to make the best out of what I already have laying around. The old fridge, a chest freezer, and a newer mini-fridge that isn't being used.

Read a few threads on fermentation chambers made with mini-fridges and 2'' poly-styrene and went from there. I'm making a mobile serving and fermenting chamber with the fridge and CO2 tanks all on casters with the cold box.

Going from two taps, to four. and capacity to ferment two batches at once. So far I've got the cabinet built and mobilized. I still have to insert the divider, insulate and seal off all seams, insulate the inner exposed braces, drill hole for power to thermostat for ferment chamber, drill holes in serving chamber for liquid out/gas in, build the tap box, set the fridge in place and seal it up, hook up the dual gauges.

It's taken some time thus far, I'll take some pics of what I've gotten done though.

As inspiration to get it finished, I'm only drinking Miller High Life Light until it's running. I'm not brewing again until it's ready either, and I have to get a batch ready for a party on the 21, so I'm pushing it.

Back