Finally! A single way to grow your own brewing supplies: barley, wheat, and hops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plantin' time!!!! :D

IMG_2715.jpg

No Hops though?

The makers of this obviously realized hops grow like weeds, so they used genetically transfigured metamorphosized hop seeds that stay dormant longer, long enough to give the wheat and barely a head start. :cross:

I figured out what to use as the false bottom of your mini mash tun.

140.jpg

Some thimbles are solid, so you can probably use one as a boil kettle as well. ;)

Revvy, since you've been my biggest supporter in this effort, I'll send you a 6-pack of the brew once it's bottled. Of course, it will be bottled in those micro-mouthwash bottles you can take on airplanes. :D

I've been laughing the whole way through reading this. Friggin awesome. Can't wait to here how this actually turns out.

Laughing? Laughing???? This is serious business here!

Sad news; there must have been a big windstorm in the den today. Half of the barley is bent over. The wheat is still going strong, but no sign from the hops yet...

I'll stop by the Coop Extension tomorrow to see if they have a remedy for barley that has been adversely affected by epic indoor hurricane force wind (or at least a gentle breeze generated from me walking by the "terrarium")

:D

Between the wind, at times cold (now really hot), and extreme dry conditions; it's been a tough growing season.

I have ~13 wheat plants and ~16 barley plants going....the hops never germinated (shocking, I know).

Back