FG Question on 1st AG Try

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtom

Reaction score
Last Sunday I brewed my first AG beer which is EW's Hause Pale Ale. It has been fermenting in an Igloo Cube at 66-70F and today I did an SG reading and it looks to be fermented out at around 1.012. I started with an OG of around 1.048 so I'm guessing this one's about done. I drank the beer from the beaker so as to not commit alcohol abuse, and it tasted yummy. Kind of reminded me of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Do I go ahead and keg this puppy or wait a few more days and let the yeast clean 'er up a bit?:mug:

When in doubt, wait a few days. Nothing bad can come of it, and you'll end up with better beer.

I secondaried mine after 6 days in the primary, against Ed's advice. It turned out good, clear, and crisp. I'd definately say leave it there a few more days if it's going straight from primary to keg, i had a decent amount of sludge in the bottom of my secondary.

Prof. Frink, I think I'll wait till next Saturday before kegging it, as I'll probably bottle a few and I don't want any bombs. Hey, I grew up with a bunch of Frinks over in Bladen County, NC.:mug:

Back