Fermenting Temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you planning on doing a secondary?
I left mine (half) in primary for 3 weeks and the other half in secondary for 2 which clarified nicely - both bottled at the same time.
Patience, with this one you are in no rush. 8 days is early regardless of what you plan on next imo.
Yes gravity should read consistently for at least 48 hours.
Did you pull samples along the way? Going on 4 weeks in primary on 7/19/21. Think its a good time to keg at that time or wait additional couple of weeks?

Clarity looks good. I am doing a cold crash on it for 72 hours at 40 degrees and transferring to keg. Did a taste test yesterday, taste good. I was thinking of leaving it in keg for another week and then carbonating it. Will the extra time be advisable? At this time, it been in primary for 1 month.

So I can't answer to temperature, please let us know how it worked out.
What I can tell you is that I have some bottles that have been cellaring for 2 months given to friends, the feedback was good and also shows me that 8 weeks seems to have done this beer some good, at least from bottling perspective.

So I can't answer to temperature, please let us know how it worked out.
What I can tell you is that I have some bottles that have been cellaring for 2 months given to friends, the feedback was good and also shows me that 8 weeks seems to have done this beer some good, at least from bottling perspective.
Ive been carbonating it at 8 psi for 10 days now. It tastes great but I’m wondering how the carbonation turned out on your batches? With the purée added does it take away from the carbonation?

So I bottle condition and that has been consistent. I haven't played around with carbonation much. I just bottled and Untappd a different batch where I added the tincture to some bottles and not others for comparison, and so far my impressions are the ones with the tincture seem to have more of that bottle opening 'PSSST' than those without, even at a young bottling age.

Back