Fermenting Chamber Assist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skitter

Reaction score
Long story short...

Fermentation chamber, has been working great made for 2 of the Mr Beer LBK's. I have been using it for my all-grain half batches for quite a while not however I am looking for advice on the temperature probe.

CHamber_zpsu45tyenh.jpg

Star's are the fans. I have the fan on the left running constantly to keep the temperature the same between both chambers. I have the fan on the right triggering by temperature to pull the cool air from the ice chamber once temp hits above whatever I set it to. This was loosely based off the son-of-a-fermentation chamber here on the forums.

The temperature probe is a wire with the thermister on the end. This I used to have in a small water bottle taped to the side of the chamber. Tape of course didn't keep it's stick and I now have the opportunity to revamp it. Right now it just hangs loose touching the side of the keg in the top. Question being will I get a more accurate reading with it being back in the water bottle with a more solid anchor or continue reading ambient air?

Thanks,

I would like to have it mounted in a way that it will affect both areas. Sometimes there is only a keg in the bottom.

Gotcha, then I would probably put tape it to a small container of water with insulation again.

Measuring the ambient temp will cause it to turn on and off a lot more frequently. However since you're using a fan, and not a compressor, that might be okay.

What about punching a hole through the lid and submerging it in the water bottle

Back