Fermentation stopped - what to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjoystick

Reaction score
I brewed an porter with simple recipe using pale, brown, crystal and chocolate malts, fuggles and s05 yeast.
I brewed the beer 21.9., and the og was 10.59.
Now its 1.10. and the gravity reading is 10.25. (same as week ago)
Beer tastes very good but I'm not too eagar to bottle it because afraid of bottle bombs.

I also tought about adding some toasted coconut after the fermentation was done...

I brewed an porter with simple recipe using pale, brown, crystal and chocolate malts, fuggles and s05 yeast.
I brewed the beer 21.9., and the og was 10.59.
Now its 1.10. and the gravity reading is 10.25. (same as week ago)
Beer tastes very good but I'm not too eagar to bottle it because afraid of bottle bombs.

was the mash temperature high? maybe there are a lot of dextrins and the body will be very high. did you try to raise fermentation temperature and see if the yeast start back?

was the mash temperature high? maybe there are a lot of dextrins and the body will be very high. did you try to raise fermentation temperature and see if the yeast start back?

Could be... I will try to raise the fermentation temperature. What would be optimal?

at this gravity I guess you can go up at 23-24°C, there will not be high yeast activity, so you won't get esters too much.
wich strain was it? US-05 or S-04? te second one gives lower attenuation

Lord and behold. I transferred the beer to a warmer room and after an hour the airlock bubbles like crazy.

Lord and behold. I transferred the beer to a warmer room and after an hour the airlock bubbles like crazy.
Only the transfer your beer moved the yeast for going up. If i make hop dry, it's to see, everytime if i transfer my beer come activity em yeast.

Greets

Latest posts

Back