Federal crooks exposed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrid

Reaction score
I saw this yesterday, I know nothing in here is a big secret, but this really puts it into context. Warning: it's really long, but it you're like me you won't be able to peel yourself away once you hit play.

Of course by sharing this, I'm not advocating not paying your taxes, but we need to take a long hard look at our system and start pushing for honesty and accountability.

Aaron Russo's "Freedom to Fascism

I know all kinds of that stuff...but what can you do about it?

It's like "The Fleecing of America" where there's an expose of who did what, but no one ever pays?

There's supposed to be accountability to US, you and me...the taxpayer!!!! That's OUR money they're spending and giving away...not their's!!!

What's taught in our schools is farcical also.

Most people believe we became a country in 1776 and Washington became President of the United States. That's not true. We didn't become a country until the Treaty of Paris was signed on September 3, 1783, and ratified by the Congress of the Confederation on January 14, 1784, formally ended the American Revolutionary War between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the United States of America that had rebelled against their rule starting in 1775. So, OFFICIALLY, the US's birthday is NOT July 4, 1776, it's really January 14, 1784!!

Basically, what we were taught in school was the birth certificate was signed 8 years early...so to speak...

So who ran the country from 1774-1783 (when Washington became President if the US)?

Also, did you know we (the Colonies) had 15 Presidents BEFORE Washington that you've never heard about?

I have (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_Continental_Congress).

That's utterly retarded.

I stopped when I heard that the government paying tax on money (which goes to the bankers, who are the lenders) is a scheme to rip off the common worker.

Like... uhhh.. where's the money going to come from if the government doesn't pay interest on it? Would we rather we have tax increases in the middle of the year when Uncle Sam suddenly realizes he needs more money? Can you imagine the kind of protests that would cause?

Would we rather the government be unable to run a debt during times of economic hardship? Remember, running a debt is sometimes a good thing. It's what got us out of the depression...

Damn Squirrels said:
That's utterly retarded...Like... uhhh.. where's the money going to come from if the government doesn't pay interest on it? Would we rather we have tax increases in the middle of the year when Uncle Sam suddenly realizes he needs more money? Can you imagine the kind of protests that would cause?...
Uh, why do you think there are so many advocates of gun control? So the Gov't will know exactly who has what and where to pick it up when they decide to disarm us so we can't fight back. Even Thomas Jefferson advocated overthrowing the US Gov't anytime it gets too big for its britches and doesn't follow the will of the people.

We're way past due.

homebrewer_99 said:
Uh, why do you think there are so many advocates of gun control? So the Gov't will know exactly who has what and where to pick it up when they decide to disarm us so we can't fight back.

Sounds like you're suggesting the majority of people are in on the conspiracy? I hope you realize how silly that sounds. The reason there are "so many advocates" of gun control is because we live in a society of pussified wimps who believe what their mommas told them instead of going out, shooting a few rounds, and deciding for themselves.

Even Thomas Jefferson advocated overthrowing the US Gov't anytime it gets too big for its britches and doesn't follow the will of the people.

Hell, even I advocate overthrowing the government when it gets too big for its britches. I fancy myself a libertarian. I am also staunchly against gun control. But if you think uncle sam has a good idea as to who has what firearms, you're crazier than I am...

And we're far from being ready for a revolution. Remember, our standard of living is still ridiculously high relative to most other countries. Give it 20 years. ;)

And a final point... Will you give me $50,000 today if I promise to give you the exact same $50,000 back in 50 years? Of course you won't. Nobody will. That's because the time value of money isn't some abstract concept. It's very real. It's based on human experience. Money is simply worth more now than it is if you don't get it until later. There's nothing magical about that concept. Why shouldn't it apply equally to the federal government?

Back