Favourite beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now top 5 (in no order) is probably:

Rochefort 8
Russian River Blind Pig IPA
Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale
Kona Longboard Lager
Firestone Walker DBA

I don't like to limit myself to a fav and definately couldn't really say one unless there was a gun to my head but man

pacific maritime jolly roger, especially my version ;)
SN celebration
FW union jack
had a bigfoot last night that was mighty tasty

Hey guys,

What is your favourite beer? It's a simple question, right to the subject and no fooling around.

What is your favourite beer and why? Because of alcohol degree? Because it tastes better? Different than other beers?

Mine is Heineken, it's a nice 5% and it tastes good...to me :mug:

Cheers.

Heineken? You really gotta try more beers. I'm surprised you havent gotten ripped for this yet.

I'll say Founders Breakfast Stout, La Fin du Monde, 2-hearted, Oberon.

Surly Furious!
Pliny the Elder
Stone Ruination
I'll bet Three Floyd's Dreadnaught would be in there too if I could
ever get my paws on it.
Why? It's the hops of course!

Pliny The Elder
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid
Avery Maharaja
Franziskaner Dunkel
Russian River Consecration
AleSmith Anvil ESB
Pizza Port Carlsbad Chronic
Avery Imperial Russian Stout
Lost Coast Great White
Miller High Life

These are my favorites/most common rebuys. It really depends on my mood, and plus I've never been able to name a favorite anything.

You didn't specify commercial beer, though it may be implied. However, there is no question what my favorite beer is - Black Diamond Pale Ale. I've been making it for years and for my taste, there is nothing better. A fired up variant (but not long enough in the bottle - only two weeks)) called Heather Canyon Pale Ale took third place in a Philadelphia Beer Week home brewers IPA contest.

For commercial beers, there are a bunch that I like, and it's hard to put one over another. I like a well made APA or IPA. Yard's IPA and DFH60 are near the top of the list. Stone makes some good ones but after a difficult night, I've learned to be wary of Ruination and Arrogant Bastard. Those 8 or 9% brews can knock the socks off of the unwary! : )

Harpoon IPA
Troegs Pale Ale
Dogfishhead Shelter Pale Ale
Firestone Unionjack IPA

Latest posts

Back