Favorite time of the year...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theDREWery

Reaction score
So it happened, the holiday gift pack liquor was just being stocked yesterday. I always buy a few, and the quality of the accompanying gift makes a large influence on my purchases throughout the following year.

Picked up Knob Creek bourbon, came with a couple silver rimmed rocks glasses. First time buying it, loved it, will definitely become a regular guest at my house. :tank:

By contrast, the Stolichnaya packs were half gallons only; and while the box art was touting the Moscow Mule (vodka, lime, ginger ale, served in a copper mug), I was hoping to see a copper mug included. Instead they packed in 4 cans of ginger ale and directed you to their website to buy them. Now I like my Stoli, but I'm in Michigan, and here your ginger ale is Vernor's, nothing else comes close. :rockin: I don't see many of these selling in Michigan...

Aside from that, I plan on getting a Bombay Sapphire Gin (nice cocktail glass).

Anyone else dig on these? See any cool ones in your area?

Last edited:
I love picking up those gift packs because you typically pay the same for the booze but get some glasses or something as well, always a good time.

It's also that time of year where the 1 and only delivery of a special kind of Bourbon makes its way into a few lucky people's hand. I'm "blessed" to have been provided the option of getting a bottle two years in a row now. Hopefully I get a 15/20/23 yr next year to add to the collection.

20151121_115719.jpg

Back