Favorite quick turn around recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbadarchi

Reaction score
Looking for something to brew with a quick ferment and bottle condition time.

Any ideas?

Saisons are actually one of my slower turnaround beers. They're in secondary for a minimum of two months.

My quick turnaround beers are IPAs. They're best drank fresh. I try to go from grain to glass in about three weeks or so.

My hefe is grain to glass in 10 days or so.

61.9% German Wheat Malt
33.3% German Pilsen malt
4.8% Rice hulls

2 oz of 2.7% Hallertauer at 90
1 oz of 2.7% Hallertauer at 15

Wyeast 3068 slightly under pitched

Ferment at 65 for three days then ramp up to 72 to finish
Carb with about 3 volumes at 74+

I started drinking mine the day after bottling and it just got better from there.

+1 for hefe. ferment 5-10 days then bottle or keg. if you keg you can do grain to glass in under a week. if you don't keg you should stop everything else you're doing and get into kegging if you want fast turn around.

Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde

I guess it'd be grain to glass in four weeks if you bottle. I hope so, I have a batch in primary at the moment. :D

This was the first one that came to mind for me as well, although I have made CB twice and both times it has taken longer than expected to bottle condition. In fact, the first time I made it I seriously considered dumping all the bottles when it tasted like wet cardboard after 3 weeks. But I waited another two weeks or so and it started tasting good, then suddenly 6 weeks or so after bottling it was absolutely delicious. The second batch is bottle conditioning now, and I got that same weird taste at 3 weeks, so I'm just being patient.

A hefe or a mild would have to be two of the more obvious choices for superfast turnaround.

A mild could be ready in well under two weeks. There was a thread on fast milds for a HBT competition some years back.

Latest posts

Back