Favorite pumpkin ale being mass produced?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltzbrewingco

Reaction score
I've had a few recently and others I recall from last season.
The Dogfish head Punkin comes to mind. Also the Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale.
Honestly my favorite has been the New Belgium Pumpkick, I believe it had cranberry juice in it as well.
Any worthy if mention that would be relatively easy to find in Atlanta, GA? We have World of Beverages and Total Wine which do have some harder to fins craft beers.

My fav would be shipyard Pumpkinhead closely followed by Buffalo Bill...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Riverhorse imperial pumpkin
Weyerbacher imperial pumpkin
Dogfish head Punkin'

Rev.

just had some Southern Tier Pumpking it was great.

Still wanting to try the shipyard.

Flying Dog's The Fear Imperial Pumpkin ale is my favorite as of now. It usually changes each year though.

had last year's Southern Tier Pumking sitting in my fridge until day before yesterday.

it was floccin' tasty

guys in the brew club who didn't like last year's version thought the aging worked miracles on it

got case of wilhelm scream pumpkin ale from Majic Hat Brewery. nice mix of ale, pumpkin, Cinnamon and nutmeg. very tasty.

Southern Tier's Pumpking and Warlock are my 2 favorites. Arcadia Ales' Jaw Jacker is really good too.

Not sure if Pumking and Warlock are available in Atlanta, but they are my 2 favorites as well. When i want something less "imperial" and more pumpkin pie like, It's Stevens Point Whole Hog.

Terrapin pumpkinfest should be easy to find. Really like that one. I enjoyed Cigar City Good Gourd the best but it's on the expensive side.

I tend toward pumpkin stouts or porters. Having said that, Alaskan Pumpkin Porter and Wasatch Black o Lantern Stout are both good.

Just last night I had one of Epic Brewing's Fermentation Without Representation Imperial Pumpkin Porter. Definitely my favorite pumpkin beer this year.

Where is Southern Tier Brewery? I've never heard of it. Interested to try it since there have been several recommendations for it

Where is Southern Tier Brewery? I've never heard of it. Interested to try it since there have been several recommendations for it

Southern Tier is in Lakewood, New York. Not sure how far they distribute, but their beer is all over Ohio.

If you have never had anything from Southern Tier, you're missing out, they're one of my favorite breweries!

Yeah can't say I've ever seen any here in GA. Is it something in your region that you can get at Publix or Kroger? In my town several grocery stores carry a small selection of craft beer but for the most past I have to go to a special liquor store like Total Wine, World of Bev., etc

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411350386.381535.jpg

Weyerbacher, Pumpking, and Dogfish are all much too sweet. Shipyard has a ginger beer type taste, but it's not overwhelming so I like it the best.

Anyone had the Fall Hornin' by Anderson Valley? That's probably my favorite even over pumking. It's a little darker with what seems like some dark crystal malts in there that really contribute to the spice character. Delicious!

Southern Tier does distribute in Atlanta. If you can't find any at your normal spots, Hop City and Mac's both stock pumpking and warlock.

Southern Tier does distribute in Atlanta. If you can't find any at your normal spots, Hop City and Mac's both stock pumpking and warlock.

Hop City and Macs? Gotta find those places! Didn't known about them. Thanks

Souther Tier Pumpking, Alewerks Pumpkin Ale and Jack O Traveler Pumpkin Shandy

I agree. I never heard of it, but when I had it, it is really good. But, it depends what you're looking for in a pumpkin beer. Whole hog is the one I go to when i really want that pumpkin pie flavor in a beer.

Just tried the Southern Tier Pumpking. I must admit it wasnt what I expected. Lots of vanilla.

Shipyard's elevated ABV "Smashed Pumpkin" is absolutely phenomenal. I believe it's only on draft or 22oz bottles, at least here in San Diego. Damn it's good. 8.5% I believe, so almost double their Pumpkinhead.

the southern tier pumking and the arcadia jaw jacker were my 2 favorite pumpkins, but this year i think both have fallen off a bit. Not sure why the ones i got were bad but the arcadia was bad tasting and the ST was just not how i remembered it. So now i am gonna say that the punkin ale by dogfish is now my favorite.

Back