Favorite Online Electric Supplies Vendor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reuliss

Reaction score
I'm in the midst of sourcing all of the parts for my RIMS control panel. I got everything I could from Auber directly, but there are still many other things I need to purchase. To name a few:

-Terminal Strips
-Spade Terminals
-Wire
-Fuses
-In-line fuse holders
-Wiretaps
-Control Box
-Heating element

I googled "electric supplies" and similar searches, but I've not found one place that would have all or most of these items. Can someone suggest an online vendor that they like?

McMaster will have everything, they ship same day and are delivered in 1-2 days. However, they are the most expensive, shipping is very reasonable though but they won't tell you how much until it's shipped.

They are my favorite (at work anyway).

Otherwise I use Newark, Mouser, and Digikey generally in that order.

Mouser - DIN mount components - terminal blocks, fuse blocks.
Automation Direct - DIN mounted breakers, L6-30 plugs and outlets.
Lowes - some spade connectors
A local surplus electronics store for other connectors.

ebrewsupply has good prices on some of the harder to find specifics.
Mouser is cheap, but their website is overwhelming unless you know EXACTLY what you want.
McMaster is definitely my go-to source for any sort of build related product.
Your local big-box store - Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, etc - will have spade connectors and electrical tape and all that jazz.
Radio Shack has managed to keep ONE section of the store that actually has anything useful - in the stacked drawers you can find all kinds of switches and fuses that may help you out.
Heating element - buy it on Amazon. Do one better - go to www.theelectricbrewery.com and buy it through his link - I think he gets a cut of the sale, and given that Kal has been a big help to the eBrewing community as a whole, why not get him a cut (it doesn't cost you anything).

I've used a combination of these 3 sources for most of my build with pretty good results:

1) McMaster.com - Great selection and quick delivery
2) Mouser.com - Great selection, most of the time, cheaper than McMaster, but a little slower delivery
3) AutomationDirect.com - Great switches, pushbuttons, and indicator lights selection, great prices, and quick delivery
4) Fastenal.com - Great selection, ability to purchase small quantities of nuts and bolts, Pretty good shipping.

Back