Favorite commercial brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biohaz7331

Reaction score
Just wondering what is everyone's favorite commercial brew that you buy every so often?

Lagunitas Sucks. No wait, Deschutes Red Chair NWPA. No wait, Boulevard Tank 7. No wait.....
Well you get the picture. I buy lots of craft beer to drink along with my home brew. I call it research. :D

Lagunitas Lil' Sumptin Sumptin does NOT suck - it is an incredible beer. Not crazy about the rest of their line up.
I buy Sweetwater's IPA very often - it is the 'perfect' IPA in my opinion, although I readily drink others. Racer5 is good, Ranger is good, Rotator is very drinkable. SNPA is a fine beer, and SN's porter is just a wonderful beer.

Hopslam is probably my favorite IIPA (although if I could get Pliny, my vote might change!)

The only commercial beers I buy anymore are from local Micro Brewerys so you would have never heard of them. ;) Mostly I like to try the local APA/IPA and ESB's.

Sprecher Black Bavarian
sprecher-black-bavarian.png

Aside from local-ish craft brews -- and I will probably take crap for this -- Alaskan Amber Ale.

Nice sounding brews so far! I am asking out of curiosity and just to hear some names for some I should try out in the near future. The only reason I buy beer is when my homebrew is out or want to try something new.

The only reason I buy beer is when my homebrew is out or want to try something new.

....or I want to brew something new and need more bottles. Today it was Smithwick's Irish Ale, a cheap Guinnes import. It had everything I was looking for. It was on sale. It was in a 12 oz brown bottle with a pop off cap. It would be a plus if it tastes good.

JW

Lagunitas Lil' Sumptin Sumptin does NOT suck - it is an incredible beer. Not crazy about the rest of their line up.
I buy Sweetwater's IPA very often - it is the 'perfect' IPA in my opinion, although I readily drink others. Racer5 is good, Ranger is good, Rotator is very drinkable. SNPA is a fine beer, and SN's porter is just a wonderful beer.

Hopslam is probably my favorite IIPA (although if I could get Pliny, my vote might change!)

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/74986

Left Hand Fade to Black, Alagash Currieux, Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad, Avery's the Reverend, O'Dell's IPA, Dry Dock Apricot Blonde, Surly Smoke, Boulder Brewing Hazed and Infused, Great Divide Hercules DIPA, Dry Dock DIPA, Avery the Maharaja, Avery The Czar.

Damn, that's the short list, I spend way to much on beer!

Favorite? I guess I'd have to got with bud light

JK JK JK JK JK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I (actually) guess its Abita Turbodog

That's a tough question. Let's see...

That I absolutely love when I can get my hands on it (which is VERY rare)? Cantillon Iris.
That I absolutely love when I get a bottle that's not skunky? Saison Dupont
That's reliably awesome that I get fairly frequently? Weihenstephaner Hefe, Ballast Point Sculpin, Old Speckled Hen, or Fullers London Pride
That I love and occasionally splurge on? Rochefort 10 or St. Bernadus Abt 12
That's my cheap easy to come by beer? PBR.

One I currently am trying trying various clones of and trying to duplicate would be bells two hearted. Just a perfect tasting ipa in my opinion. I'm usually a sucker for anything founders or bells does as far as what is available to me locally. If I'm west I'm drinking odell's or oskar blues, if I'm further west russian river. If I'm east I'm taking down hills, alchemist, or lawson's

Hey I'm Neal first post here, I'm from Canada my favourite right now is a small brewer called beau's they have a beautiful lagered ale called lug tread

Well, I like to fill my growlers at Cismontane and Stone in Oceanside. But I probably stop by a bottleshop once a week or so to find something new or different. If I can't find something interesting I know I can rely on a couple things:

Deshutes Mirror Pond
Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Racer 5 IPA ( pretty much anything by Bear republic cause the price is right)
Rogue Hazlenut brown nectar
Sierra Nevada (pale ale and ruthless rye)

Back