Favorite Beer & Anything Combo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_me_plz

Reaction score
Post your favorite combination of any two things. The only rule is one of them has to be a beer.

And don't just say "cold beer on a friday night"

Try something more like

Sam Adams Bonfire with a Philly cheesesteak topped with provolone not cheeze whiz. (it is truly worth dying for)

An Opus X Cigar with a Lucky Hand Black Lager.

My mom's homemade Guacamole with my homebrewed IPA

We've all got one. What's your?

Cooper's English bitter with pit bbq. PM cascade pale ale kit from midwest With roasted turkey with herbs and all that. Nut brown ale with pecan pie.

unionrdr said:
Cooper's English bitter with pit bbq. PM cascade pale ale kit from midwest With roasted turkey with herbs and all that. Nut brown ale with pecan pie.

I'm from the south. Pecan pie and nut brown ale sounds incredible.

I have a few combos I look forward to:
A Brooklyn Lager at a Red Bull home game
A Coopers Stout with an Aussie Meat pie at Tuck Shop
Bier und a Pretzel at any biergarten in the world
Brooklyn Chocolate stout with fresh baked chocolate chips on Thanksgiving
and Saison Dupont with a fresh baguette, green apples, brie and mustard.

It's hard to just choose one. Beef and onions braised in Chimay blue with homemade spaetzle, and a some more Chimay to drink with it is probably my favorite beer combo. I like a nice mild bitter and cheddar in a soup. It is also good in fish and chips, a must in my chili, and it's great replacing half of the water in almost any kind of bread that I make. I used to be the chef at a brewpub, and they definitely did not use beer in enough of their recipes. I did like having the ability to use as much of any kind of beer they made as I wanted in order to make food though. I would make batches of soup with more than ten gallons in them. Or I would use a golden ale to brine chicken with instead of water before grilling. This was a revelation. I would love to do it at home, but I am not wasting a gallon of homebrew just for brining a bird or two.

I'm from the south. Pecan pie and nut brown ale sounds incredible.

It was indeed a combination intended to be! Very good combo of flavors. Gotta brew some up next time. We had Leinenkuge's fireside nut brown that time. discontinued it for more shandies,darn it.

Ommegang Three Philosophers and some good Belgian Chocolate. Only way either of them should be enjoyed is together.

Also a big bold IPA and my Habenero Hot Wings.

I know some guys who swore MGD and chips ahoy were the definition of a perfect pair.

For me, cheap beer and tailgating a Brewer game is about the best it can get.

La Folie with a bratwurst (mustard, sauerkraut and onions). Devine combo.

Actually any fatty salty meat with La Folie. Or really any thing with La Folie. I just love La Folie. Seriously though, try the bratwurst combination.

PBR and cheap takeout pizza. I don't really like pairing beer with anything other than another beer aside from that.

Can Beer + shower count? Its so amazing, I highly recommend it if you have not tried it before.

Propeller's IPA and my wife's homemade pizza. Or a homebrew and my wife's homemade pizza.

When it comes down to it, my favourite beer pairing has to be a flowing tap and a 20 oz. pint glass.

This week is Mardi Gras in Louisiana. Tomorrow I'll be able to enjoy one of my all time favorite combos. In no particular order.

Beautiful weather
Good friends
Some home brewed Amber
Lots of drunk girls
And a big bowl of jambalaya!

And of course tons of beads!!!

Back in the day: Busch beer & Grasshopper cookies

Saturday night: Lynnhaven Pub pastrami and FW Double Jack

Can Beer + shower count? Its so amazing, I highly recommend it if you have not tried it before.

Ha, I was going to say the same thing. I haven't done it probably since college but might have to give it a try again soon.

Back