Favorite APA??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Lakes Burning River is :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:
Was drinking this again tonight and its quite delicious. The style guidelines say that they moderate to high hop flaver, but 99.9% of APA's I've had have little to no hop flavor. SNPA is probably the APA I have had the most and it's pretty good.

I like hops, so I am prejudice against the lowly hopped APA's. IPA's & IIPA's are delicious, but 6-10% ABV and I can't drink as many of them. Especially in a social situation where your friends are drinking 1 miller light to your 2 IIPA's. At least they can drive you home, but I wish alcohol content wasn't so tied to hop content.

The APA I just brewed 5 weeks ago used 0.5oz at 60min, and 6oz in the last 20 minutes, and 2oz dry hop. I made it slightly higher IBU than style guidelines, but like I said I want to taste hops. No idea how it is yet, just bottled it.

Do tell more please.

Had Mirror Pond for the first time last week, it's damn tasty. Awesome malt backbone and not too overpowering on the hops. I could drink that one all day long.

One common trend in this thread is people tend to choose local beer. It could be to regionality etc, I think its more to do with fresh beer. Fresh well conditioned beer can't be beat.

Back