Favorate Lawn mower beer recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazlikesbeer

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am still new to brewing and I have tried a few complicated brews and planning a double chocolate cherry stout this weekend. I want to make a quick easy refreshing lawn mover beer. Anyone have any of their favorites they are willing to share.

I have a good Rye Saison that I really like. Very simple recipe if you do all grain. Recipe: (taken off of this webiste under How Rye I am)

9.25 lbs 2 Row
3.25 Rye Malt
8 oz rice hulls
12 oz clear candi sugar
1.5 oz styrian golding hop @ 60 min
1 package Wyeast #3711 french saison

Mash at 152
Est. Original Gravity : 1.061
IBU : 24.8

So far I have just brewed extracts. I haven't done an all grain yet. I want to start. I just need some more equiptment first

I am not sure if they make a corn extract for Yooper's Cream ale. Yooper would know more then I. I do know that I heard that they just started producing a rye extract for the Rye Saison I make. Let me see if I can find it.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/northern-brewer-rye-malt-syrup.html

There is the Rye extract. For my recipe in extract:
9 lbs rye malt syrup
instead of all the grain, 2 row, rye and rice hulls. Keep everything else the same.

Edit: The color is a little darker 5.1 to 7.6 SRM, but that is very negligible. The syrup does have some Crystal 40 in it, where the recipe doesn't have any crystal. Although at 10%, I don't think you would get much flavor out of it.

So far I have just brewed extracts. I haven't done an all grain yet. I want to start. I just need some more equiptment first

If you can get rice syrup solids and/or corn sugar, a similar lawnmower beer would be totally possible. Can you steep (mash) 3-4 pounds of grain? If you can do that, a partial mash could be done and that means you could use corn and/or rice and still use one of these recipes. We can help with converted it to a recipe and giving instructions!

Hi everyone. I am still new to brewing and I have tried a few complicated brews and planning a double chocolate cherry stout this weekend. I want to make a quick easy refreshing lawn mover beer. Anyone have any of their favorites they are willing to share.

I sure as hell wouldn't like to try moving a lawn after drinking any sort of beer. :)

-a.

I brew the centennial blonde recipe that's floating around this forum (I'd post a link but I'm posting on my phone, should show up in a search though). Costs me about $30 for a 10 gallon batch, and I can go from grain to glass in 2 weeks when I keg it.

It's also quite tasty.

Gfei said:
I brew the centennial blonde recipe that's floating around this forum (I'd post a link but I'm posting on my phone, should show up in a search though). Costs me about $30 for a 10 gallon batch, and I can go from grain to glass in 2 weeks when I keg it.

It's also quite tasty.

This looks good. I might make this my first all grain attempt. I am getting I stainless steel turkey frier from Bass pro next week when I take my boat down for service. Is this one as easy at it looks? Any advice to the newbee?

Back