Fast fermenting yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bacchusmj

Reaction score
I've got a fantasy draft at my house on the 1st and want some beer on tap. I know I'm pushing it. I'm thinking a light pale ale. I usually brew with 001, 007 and Cali v. Are there any yeasts that work quicker that most that might get me a solid beer in 9 days time? Are dry yeasts quicker than liquid starters? If using liquid I would pitch at high kreau.

I'll probably go with something like 8lbs 2 row, .5 biscuit .5 cry 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I always had great fermentation times with the Pacman yeast. The fastest time I had was 3 days. Just make sure you aerate it pretty good, it should take 3 to 4 days, then you can rack to a keg, carbonate/chill, and that'll be ready in 4 to 5 days.

With that timeline, you may consider doing a hef. You can get away with drinking that on the younger side. Just pitch two vials to save time on making a starter. I can easily go from grain to glass in 9 days with that style of beer.

Latest posts

Back