Fartiest Fermentation Yet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavball6

Reaction score
Wow... This Wyeast 1010 American Wheat has fart-bombed my whole house! Pitched about 24 hours ago and I'm afraid to light the stove with this much gas floating through the house. SWMBO is not too happy either...

Hee hee hee!

Haha after I set a brew in primary and the wife comes home she usually walks in the front door and says "The Brewery Smells!"

I stage in my home office. Sometimes I must close the door or the whole house can smell pretty bad. I'm currently fermenting using Wyeast and when I opened the door................................... I was blown away!!!! I used to blame it on my 10 year old that uses my computer, but I can't anymore! It stinks so bad & fills the whole room, she'd have to fart for 30 minutes straight to get the same stench.

The crazy thing is this is in the unfinished part of my basement behind a door, down the stairs and behind another door and the main floor of the house still stunk! Much better this morning, although I may have just become accustomed to the fartiness.

Back